- Sticky would be nice -
Note: Links will be at the end of this guide.
A Nice short simple guide on how to port forward gunz.
You will need, PF Setup Static IP Address, PFPortCheck Program, router log in info, and little bit of networking knowledge.
PF Static IP Address:
1. Open up PF Static IP Address.
When you first open it should look like this.
2. You need to pick Local Area Connection or Wireless Network Connection from the "Pick the Network Adapter that you want to manage". Which ever one you're using.
3. Click "Make It Static". When you click it a new window will open and it should look something like this.
4. You have two options. Let the program choose a Static IP Address for you or you can enter a Static IP Address.
5. When you done choosing which option you want, click Apply, a new window should pop up, click Apply Changes, and the program will start making the changes.
Your internet will restart don't worry.
6. When you look at the program and look next to IP Address you should have your new Static IP Address the program chose for you or that you enter. You will also notice how, This IP Address is currently "static" and not "Dynamic".
7 Now you want to open up command. Go to start, if you are using Windows 7 or Vista just type cmd and if you are using XP go to run and type cmd.
8 . When you see a new black window open up type, ipconfig.
After you type ipconfig. Some letters and numbers will pop up.
Now you want to look for something called, "Default Gateway". That is the Address you will need to log into your router.
9. Open up your favorite browser and on the URL bar type the Default Gateway.
10. Type in the Username and Password.
11. Now each router is different and things are located in different places. But we are looking for the Port Forwarding section.
If you can't see it you should be able to find it under the Applications and Gaming section.
12. Now that you finally found your Port Forwarding section we will need to open up the Ports for Gunz.
Name the Application whatever you like. Start to End 7700-7800. Protocol BOTH. For the IP Address you need to enter the last digits of the new Static IP Address we got earlier. Check the Enable box and click save settings.
Checking that the Ports are Open:
1. Open up PFPortCheck Program.
2. We need to check each port 7700 and 7800 for both TCP/UDP.
You don't need to check both just 1 but I like to make sure by checking TCP/UDP.
3. When you type the ports numbers you need to click Press Me.
If they are open it should look something like this.
PF Setup Static IP Address: http://www.portforward.com/store/Por...IP-Address.exe