Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 49

Thread: Science and God

  1. #1

    Default Science and God

    Looking through Facebook and I see this. Decided to share it.

    Professor : You are a Christian, arenít you, son ?

    Student : Yes, sir.

    Professor: So, you believe in GOD ?

    Student : Absolutely, sir.

    Professor : Is GOD good ?

    ... Student : Sure.

    Professor: Is GOD all powerful ?

    Student : Yes.

    Professor: My brother died of cancer even though he prayed to GOD to heal him. Most of us would attempt to help others who are ill. But GOD didnít. How is this GOD good then? Hmm?

    (Student was silent.)

    Professor: You canít answer, can you ? Letís start again, young fella. Is GOD good?

    Student : Yes.

    Professor: Is satan good ?

    Student : No.

    Professor: Where does satan come from ?

    Student : From Ö GOD Ö

    Professor: Thatís right. Tell me son, is there evil in this world?

    Student : Yes.

    Professor: Evil is everywhere, isnít it ? And GOD did make everything. Correct?

    Student :Yes

    Professor: So who created evil ?

    (Student did not answer.)

    Professor: Is there sickness? Immorality? Hatred? Ugliness? All these terrible things exist in the world, donít they?

    Student : Yes, sir.

    Professor: So, who created them ?

    (Student had no answer.)

    Professor: Science says you have 5 Senses you use to identify and observe the world around you. Tell me, son, have you ever seen GOD?

    Student : No, sir.

    Professor: Tell us if you have ever heard your GOD?

    Student : No , sir.

    Professor: Have you ever felt your GOD, tasted your GOD, smell your GOD? Have you ever had any sensory perception of GOD for that matter?

    Student : No, sir. Iím afraid I havenít.

    Professor: Yet you still believe in Him?

    Student : Yes.

    Professor : According to Empirical, Testable, Demonstrable Protocol, Science says your GOD doesnít exist. What do you say to that, son?

    Student : Nothing. I only have my faith.

    Professor: Yes, faith. And that is the problem Science has.

    Student : Professor, is there such a thing as heat?

    Professor: Yes.

    Student : And is there such a thing as cold?
    Professor: Yes.

    Student : No, sir. There isnít.

    (The lecture theatre became very quiet with this turn of events.)

    Student : Sir, you can have lots of heat, even more heat, superheat, mega heat, white heat, a little heat or no heat. But we donít have anything called cold. We can hit 458 degrees below zero which is no heat, but we canít go any further after that. There is no such thing as cold. Cold is only a word we use to describe the absence of heat. We cannot measure cold. Heat is energy. Cold is not the opposite of heat, sir, just the absence of it.

    (There was pin-drop silence in the lecture theater.)

    Student : What about darkness, Professor? Is there such a thing as darkness?

    Professor: Yes. What is night if there isnít darkness?

    Student : Youíre wrong again, sir. Darkness is the absence of something. You can have low light, normal light, bright light, flashing light. But if you have no light constantly, you have nothing and its called darkness, isnít it? In reality, darkness isnít. If it is, were you would be able to make darkness darker, wouldnít you?

    Professor: So what is the point you are making, young man ?

    Student : Sir, my point is your philosophical premise is flawed.

    Professor: Flawed ? Can you explain how?

    Student : Sir, you are working on the premise of duality. You argue there is life and then there is death, a good GOD and a bad GOD. You are viewing the concept of GOD as something finite, something we can measure. Sir, Science canít even explain a thought. It uses electricity and magnetism, but has never seen, much less fully understood either one. To view death as the opposite of life is to be ignorant of the fact that death cannot exist as a substantive thing.

    Death is not the opposite of life: just the absence of it. Now tell me, Professor, do you teach your students that they evolved from a monkey?

    Professor: If you are referring to the natural evolutionary process, yes, of course, I do.

    Student : Have you ever observed evolution with your own eyes, sir?

    (The Professor shook his head with a smile, beginning to realize where the argument was going.)

    Student : Since no one has ever observed the process of evolution at work and cannot even prove that this process is an on-going endeavor. Are you not teaching your opinion, sir? Are you not a scientist but a preacher?

    (The class was in uproar.)

    Student : Is there anyone in the class who has ever seen the Professorís brain?

    (The class broke out into laughter. )

    Student : Is there anyone here who has ever heard the Professorís brain, felt it, touched or smelt it? No one appears to have done so. So, according to the established Rules of Empirical, Stable, Demonstrable Protocol, Science says that you have no brain, sir. With all due respect, sir, how do we then trust your lectures, sir?

    (The room was silent. The Professor stared at the student, his face unfathomable.)

    Professor: I guess youíll have to take them on faith, son.

    Student : That is it sir Ö Exactly ! The link between man & GOD is FAITH. That is all that keeps things alive and moving.

    P.S.

    I believe you have enjoyed the conversation. And if so, youíll probably want your friends /colleagues to enjoy the same, wonít you?

    Forward this to increase their knowledge Ö or FAITH.

    The young mans name --- Albert Einstein

  2. #2
    Gunzfactorian Hero TooSiik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,396
    Replays
    7
    Uploads
    1

    Default Re: Science and God

    welcome to 2012, son.





  3. #3
    Gunzfactorian Guardian Mighty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Artic Gunz
    Posts
    1,255
    Replays
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Science and God

    Gg professor got beasted.

  4. #4
    Gunzfactorian Commando Vynrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,573
    Replays
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Science and God

    who the hell falls for this lol..
    Wake up...

    In response to a complaint we received under the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act, we have removed 1 result(s) from this page. If you wish, you may read the DMCA complaint that caused the removal(s) at ChillingEffects.org.

  5. #5
    Gunzfactorian Postcount Legend Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Posts
    5,780
    Replays
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Science and God

    this is so flawed it hurts


  6. #6
    Gunzfactorian Soldier vegard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    543
    Replays
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Science and God

    albert E. did not say that

  7. #7
    Gunzfactorian Commando Vynrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,573
    Replays
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Science and God

    Quote Originally Posted by vegard View Post
    albert e. Did not say that
    nonbeliever nonbeliever nonbeliever
    Wake up...

    In response to a complaint we received under the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act, we have removed 1 result(s) from this page. If you wish, you may read the DMCA complaint that caused the removal(s) at ChillingEffects.org.

  8. #8
    Gunzfactorian Soldier vegard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    543
    Replays
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Science and God

    he said "curse you blasmphemous scientists!! damn you all to hell!"

  9. #9
    Gunzfactorian Postcount Legend SsYou.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The gym
    Posts
    5,602
    Replays
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Science and God

    And here is another perfect example of - "Religion doesn't have to make sense, we cannot see it or perceive it in anyway but it must exist because the alternative is nothing."

    Religion has done nothing but set back the human race, tell me this if you could have witnessed Jesus but have the knowledge you have now you'd look at his symptoms -

    - False sense of grandeur
    - Hallucinations
    - Hearing voices

    Jesus was probably schizophrenic, but you know this whole thing with their being an invisible entity i'd probably believe it if it wasn't man-made. When i see animals praying i'll be sure to convert.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Science and God

    Quote Originally Posted by SsYou. View Post
    And here is another perfect example of - "Religion doesn't have to make sense, we cannot see it or perceive it in anyway but it must exist because the alternative is nothing."

    Religion has done nothing but set back the human race, tell me this if you could have witnessed Jesus but have the knowledge you have now you'd look at his symptoms -

    - False sense of grandeur
    - Hallucinations
    - Hearing voices

    Jesus was probably schizophrenic, but you know this whole thing with their being an invisible entity i'd probably believe it if it wasn't man-made. When i see animals praying i'll be sure to convert.
    Another example of the typical, "I don't see it, so therefore it doesn't exist"

    False sense of grandeur? Jesus was a humble person. Jesus never once said that he was the King or ruler of this world. In fact he isn't. I could go into more detail but ill just give you this to reflect upon.

    Philippians 2:5-11

    Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, ...
    If you actually bothered reading the Gospels in the Bible, Matthiew Mark Luke and John, instead of believing in your assumptions you would learn who Jesus Christ really was.


    "Religion has done nothing but set back the human race" obv directed towards Christianity. Let me tell you something, the bible has facts on the universe. It has historical facts, scientific facts and more. When people were dictating that the earth was flat, it was already written in the bible that it was spherical.

    The only thing setting you back is your own lack of knowledge. A theory is not a fact. You shouldn't always believe what everyone says.
    "Sir, Science canít even explain a thought. It uses electricity and magnetism, but has never seen, much less fully understood either one."
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinkan View Post
    I beg to differ, "If Twinkan ain't playing PŲlse will be no problem". On the other hand, if what you say is true, then it's nice to hear you weren't scared when you took the PŲlse 20 inch **** of thunder up your widely spread ass.

  11. #11
    Gunzfactorian Postcount Legend SsYou.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The gym
    Posts
    5,602
    Replays
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Science and God

    Quote Originally Posted by ToasTzz View Post
    Another example of the typical, "I don't see it, so therefore it doesn't exist"
    I don't see gravity, i know it exists, I don't see heat but i know that it exists etc. I acknowledge things that actually have an impact, "god" has none.

    Quote Originally Posted by ToasTzz View Post
    False sense of grandeur? Jesus was a humble person. Jesus never once said that he was the King or ruler of this world. In fact he isn't. I could go into more detail but ill just give you this to reflect upon.
    He may indeed have been humble but nevertheless he had a false sense of grandeur, you know, believing he was the son of god, if that isn't implying he thought he was of importance then he's nobody significant in the bible.



    Quote Originally Posted by ToasTzz View Post
    If you actually bothered reading the Gospels in the Bible, Matthiew Mark Luke and John, instead of believing in your assumptions you would learn who Jesus Christ really was.

    Useless religious babble
    Calm down now, I had to read that crap twice just to get a grasp of what the hell it even meant, he was born a servant and lived his life out that way.


    Quote Originally Posted by ToasTzz View Post
    "Religion has done nothing but set back the human race" obv directed towards Christianity. Let me tell you something, the bible has facts on the universe. It has historical facts, scientific facts and more. When people were dictating that the earth was flat, it was already written in the bible that it was spherical.
    Actually i was thinking the Christianity causing the dark ages, Muslim extremists causing terrorism across the world. People's differing beliefs in the same entity under different names which supposedly reinforces peace but in reality causes mass segregation and hate.

    Quote Originally Posted by ToasTzz View Post
    The only thing setting you back is your own lack of knowledge. A theory is not a fact. You shouldn't always believe what everyone says.
    "Sir, Science canít even explain a thought. It uses electricity and magnetism, but has never seen, much less fully understood either one."
    You're seriously going to go with lack of knowledge when you believe in a religion thousands of years old which let's face it was created by primitive minds, let's not forget back in the early days of Christianity there was no science, this was their best bet at how the world begun, now however religion is mindlessly drilled into the skulls of kids who cannot make up their own mind about the matter.

    They need to stop teaching religion in school and let 16 year olds decide if they believe in people coming back to life after 3 days, miraculous virgin births, an all knowing entity that created the world, ignoring the scientific evidence that the universe is 14 billion years old and assuming it's 6 thousand years old, selling your daughter, being condemned into sin by an "all loving" god, heaven and hell ETC.

    There are ALL concepts used to manipulate idiots way back when they couldn't think for themselves in order to make them act a favorable way. But then again, if religion ever was real science would have found it, we're exploring moving faster than the speed of light, planets outside of Earth etc. if god was real he would exist somewhere in the universe so god will inevitably come to an end, much like the universe.

    Your so called almighty powerful god is either non existent or he exists outside of the universe (lol) .

  12. #12

    Default Re: Science and God

    Quote Originally Posted by SsYou. View Post
    I don't see gravity, i know it exists, I don't see heat but i know that it exists etc. I acknowledge things that actually have an impact, "god" has none.



    He may indeed have been humble but nevertheless he had a false sense of grandeur, you know, believing he was the son of god, if that isn't implying he thought he was of importance then he's nobody significant in the bible.





    Calm down now, I had to read that crap twice just to get a grasp of what the hell it even meant, he was born a servant and lived his life out that way.




    Actually i was thinking the Christianity causing the dark ages, Muslim extremists causing terrorism across the world. People's differing beliefs in the same entity under different names which supposedly reinforces peace but in reality causes mass segregation and hate.



    You're seriously going to go with lack of knowledge when you believe in a religion thousands of years old which let's face it was created by primitive minds, let's not forget back in the early days of Christianity there was no science, this was their best bet at how the world begun, now however religion is mindlessly drilled into the skulls of kids who cannot make up their own mind about the matter.

    They need to stop teaching religion in school and let 16 year olds decide if they believe in people coming back to life after 3 days, miraculous virgin births, an all knowing entity that created the world, ignoring the scientific evidence that the universe is 14 billion years old and assuming it's 6 thousand years old, selling your daughter, being condemned into sin by an "all loving" god, heaven and hell ETC.

    There are ALL concepts used to manipulate idiots way back when they couldn't think for themselves in order to make them act a favorable way. But then again, if religion ever was real science would have found it, we're exploring moving faster than the speed of light, planets outside of Earth etc. if god was real he would exist somewhere in the universe so god will inevitably come to an end, much like the universe.

    Your so called almighty powerful god is either non existent or he exists outside of the universe (lol) .
    I don't see God, but i know He exist. I haven't seen Jesus and i know He exist. Made an impact?lol Jesus is the most famous person that ever lived. He alone made a significant impact on this world and Jesus is God.

    I don't think you actually read what you write.

    You're seriously going to go with lack of knowledge when you believe in a religion thousands of years old which let's face it was created by primitive minds, let's not forget back in the early days of Christianity there was no science, this was their best bet at how the world begun, now however religion is mindlessly drilled into the skulls of kids who cannot make up their own mind about the matter.
    Christianity is the believe in Jesus Christ and that he Died, was Buried, and Rose again. When Jesus rose from the dead until today, that is the "christian times"
    First of all, the bible is not a science book lmao. It does contain facts about the universe but regardless it is NOT a science book. Notice my title of the thread. It says Science and God, not Science vs God. and they don't teach religion in public schools in the US.

    lol and there WAS science back then lmao. and scientific discoveries.
    Eratosthenes
    Aristarchus
    aristotle

    look them up.
    There's many more. Do you even know what science is lol? You don't even know what your saying
    Astronomy, which began with the organization of the stars into constellations, was used, for practical purposes, to fix the calendar. The Greeks estimated the size of the earth, they figured out how a pulley and levers work, they studied refracted and reflected light, as well as sound. In medicine, they looked at how the organs worked, and studied how a disease progresses. They learned to make inferences from observations. Their contributions in the field of mathematics went beyond the practical purposes of their neighbors.

    Many of the ancient Greeks' discoveries and inventions are still used today

    http://ancienthistory.about.com/od/s...Inventions.htm

    The Universe if 14 billions years old according to THE BIG BANG THEORY Do you not understand what a theory is? It is not a fact. The problem with most of you athiest is that you think a theory is a fact. It's not. You should do your own research and learn things before you criticize them or rely on them. Don't get me wrong i love science. Im possibly thinking of a career in astrophysics. But i dont agree with most things in science. Not because i have my faith but b/c its not sensible to me

    Now, i refer you to my previous post. Try reading the bible and actually trying to understand. You have an unwavering biased opinion. but guess what. idc. Its not my job to force you to do anything. Ill just give you what you need to know and you must decide. With that said.

    Isaiah 59:1-2
    Behold, the LORDís hand is not shortened,
    That it cannot save;
    Nor His ear heavy,
    That it cannot hear.
    2 But your iniquities have separated you from your God;
    And your sins have hidden His face from you,
    So that He will not hear.
    Its pretty much self-explanatory but ill explain it to you since you had a hard time with the previous.

    God is holy, he cannot ignore, excuse, or tolerate sin as though it didn't matter. Sin cuts people off from him, forming a wall to isolate God from the people he loves. God cannot make you sin. Only you can cause yourself to sin.


    There are ALL concepts used to manipulate idiots way back when they couldn't think for themselves in order to make them act a favorable way. But then again, if religion ever was real science would have found it, we're exploring moving faster than the speed of light, planets outside of Earth etc. if god was real he would exist somewhere in the universe so god will inevitably come to an end, much like the universe.
    you act as if you can understand God. If you could that would make you yourself God. Science doesnt have all the answers. It has little answers. You act as if science is all knowing.

    "if God was real he would exist somewhere in the universe" I can't see Him nor find Him therefore He doesn't exist.

    Conclusion

    The only thing setting you back is your own lack of knowledge. A theory is not a fact. You shouldn't always believe what everyone says.
    "Sir, Science canít even explain a thought. It uses electricity and magnetism, but has never seen, much less fully understood either one."
    Last edited by ToasTzz; 01-18-2012 at 07:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinkan View Post
    I beg to differ, "If Twinkan ain't playing PŲlse will be no problem". On the other hand, if what you say is true, then it's nice to hear you weren't scared when you took the PŲlse 20 inch **** of thunder up your widely spread ass.

  13. #13
    Gunzfactorian Postcount Legend SsYou.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The gym
    Posts
    5,602
    Replays
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Science and God

    I'd write back but after reading your warped version of the big bang theory i just deem you too damn stupid. The big bang theory is accepted as fact in the scientific community, which you'd probably know if you spent your time learning facts instead of worshiping nothing. You're just another intolerable ignorant christian who cannot accept that there's nothing and even if there is your god sucks, he created evil, he breeds disaster, he subjects his "children" to life long imprisonment in sin. Also calling ancient astronomy science? That's like saying the cavemen were conducting experiments in the implications of fire.

    But you know, continue with your ass backwards as fķck believing in something that doesn't exist, christians all boil down to the same pathetic argument where they can't lose but they do however make themselves look retarded in the process. "God is real because i believe" At the very most i could offer some sort of acceptance of god being a state of mind or something psychological but to imply it's capable of creating a universe (in 7 days, days being a measurement of time, a man made measurement) it's simply madness.

    But whatever if there is a physical being god it was more than likely an extra terrestrial. Oh and on a finishing note, you say science has little answers? Guess what buddy, religion has none.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Science and God

    The Big Bang Theory is widely accepted as a possible theory not as a fact. A THEORY is not a fact. Get that drilled into your head. A theory is NOT a fact. lmao warped version of the big bang theory, i didnt even talk about it. I mentioned what a theory is lmao.can you not read? lol Your not smart. I proved you wrong on everything, so how am i ignorant? Sin brings forth evil. And sin will result in the separation of God. God didnt create sin. You dont know what science is. Ancient Astronomy is science. lmao Astronomy is science get your facts straight. Regardless of if it is in the present, past or future. Im still surprised you actually said that, Do you not know what science is?. Your whole post boils down to, "I cant see Him nor find Him so therefore he doesn't exist" and again what makes you think you can understand God? If you could or anyone could wouldnt that make you God? Think for yourself and use your brain. On another the note, the fact that you said God could most likely be an extra terrestrial is proof of your unwavering biased opinion. You've never even seen an alien nor have proof aliens even exist.

    You dont know anything about science nor Christianity yet you make assumptions and stand by it. Keep on swimming in your pool of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinkan View Post
    I beg to differ, "If Twinkan ain't playing PŲlse will be no problem". On the other hand, if what you say is true, then it's nice to hear you weren't scared when you took the PŲlse 20 inch **** of thunder up your widely spread ass.

  15. #15
    Gunzfactorian Soldier vegard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    543
    Replays
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Science and God

    Quote Originally Posted by ToasTzz View Post
    I don't see God, but i know He exist. I haven't seen Jesus and i know He exist. Made an impact?lol Jesus is the most famous person that ever lived. He alone made a significant impact on this world and Jesus is God.

    I don't think you actually read what you write.



    Christianity is the believe in Jesus Christ and that he Died, was Buried, and Rose again. When Jesus rose from the dead until today, that is the "christian times"
    First of all, the bible is not a science book lmao. It does contain facts about the universe but regardless it is NOT a science book. Notice my title of the thread. It says Science and God, not Science vs God. and they don't teach religion in public schools in the US.

    lol and there WAS science back then lmao. and scientific discoveries.
    Eratosthenes
    Aristarchus
    aristotle

    look them up.
    There's many more. Do you even know what science is lol? You don't even know what your saying



    The Universe if 14 billions years old according to THE BIG BANG THEORY Do you not understand what a theory is? It is not a fact. The problem with most of you athiest is that you think a theory is a fact. It's not. You should do your own research and learn things before you criticize them or rely on them. Don't get me wrong i love science. Im possibly thinking of a career in astrophysics. But i dont agree with most things in science. Not because i have my faith but b/c its not sensible to me

    Now, i refer you to my previous post. Try reading the bible and actually trying to understand. You have an unwavering biased opinion. but guess what. idc. Its not my job to force you to do anything. Ill just give you what you need to know and you must decide. With that said.


    Its pretty much self-explanatory but ill explain it to you since you had a hard time with the previous.

    God is holy, he cannot ignore, excuse, or tolerate sin as though it didn't matter. Sin cuts people off from him, forming a wall to isolate God from the people he loves. God cannot make you sin. Only you can cause yourself to sin.




    you act as if you can understand God. If you could that would make you yourself God. Science doesnt have all the answers. It has little answers. You act as if science is all knowing.

    "if God was real he would exist somewhere in the universe" I can't see Him nor find Him therefore He doesn't exist.

    Conclusion

    The only thing setting you back is your own lack of knowledge. A theory is not a fact. You shouldn't always believe what everyone says.
    "Sir, Science canít even explain a thought. It uses electricity and magnetism, but has never seen, much less fully understood either one."
    please, reconsider on both accounts. art major or something, or counting boxes in a wall-mart storage. and sorry, but science keeps pushing your "god" and his influence into a smaller and smaller corner.

    the big bang theory and evolution are about as widely accepted in the scientific community as the theories of gravity, relativity, electromagnetism and the works.
    right now you depend on all of the latter to sit there like an ignorant nerd bloating about how your blind faith in a religious deity somehow isnt utter nonsense and even acceptable as per your "scientific mind".

    science doesnt suitor its theories to best fit your ****faced needs

    drink piss and call it wine before you jump off a cliff in a futile attempt to disprove sound science please

    besides, i cant see nor hear the invisible pedophile unicorn with sunglasses, but i believe in him because hes way cooler than your dumb god
    Last edited by vegard; 01-19-2012 at 07:40 AM.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Science and God

    Quote Originally Posted by vegard View Post
    please, reconsider on both accounts. art major or something, or counting boxes in a wall-mart storage. and sorry, but science keeps pushing your "god" and his influence into a smaller and smaller corner.

    the big bang theory and evolution are about as widely accepted in the scientific community as the theories of gravity, relativity, electromagnetism and the works.
    right now you depend on all of the latter to sit there like an ignorant nerd bloating about how your blind faith in a religious deity somehow isnt utter nonsense and even acceptable as per your "scientific mind".

    science doesnt suitor its theories to best fit your ****faced needs

    drink piss and call it wine before you jump off a cliff in a futile attempt to disprove sound science please

    besides, i cant see nor hear the invisible pedophile unicorn with sunglasses, but i believe in him because hes way cooler than your dumb god
    Im going to ignore your petty insults. and Just b/c its widely accepted doesnt mean its true bud. There were MANY widely accepted theories in the past that have turned out to be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinkan View Post
    I beg to differ, "If Twinkan ain't playing PŲlse will be no problem". On the other hand, if what you say is true, then it's nice to hear you weren't scared when you took the PŲlse 20 inch **** of thunder up your widely spread ass.

  17. #17
    Gunzfactorian Soldier vegard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    543
    Replays
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Science and God

    yep, ignore it because you cant ****ing argue with me, my awesomeness is too much

    theories are accepted until new experiments prove otherwise, and still when disproven they stay useful.
    newtons laws are an example; theyre wrong, but still heavily used in the world of engineering - and many other fields - today. theyre applicable in a certain context, we just got better instruments to show theyre too inaccurate at relativistic speeds.

    and you dont see people going around denying gravity for instance, because its easier to understand and accept. theres no religious bigots who try to deny it; even they can understand that "because i stay on the earth, there must be a force keeping me here" rofl

    the reason you insist on denying the big bang theory and evolution in particular is because youve been conditioned by your biblethumper peers to have a biased view of them. they both have mountains of supporting evidence though, but in science - unlike religion - youre always open to corrections; no matter how right you may think your theory is, it never becomes a fact.

    in science nothing is set in stone. unlike religion, which has had to admit its faults over and over again however (ie. the earth being flat, center of the universe, evolution, etc.)

    if you really think youve got something concrete against evolution or the big bang theory, or proof of the christian god - not faith - then please show us; it ought to be funny.
    Last edited by vegard; 01-20-2012 at 03:38 AM.

  18. #18
    Gunzfactorian Postcount Legend SsYou.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The gym
    Posts
    5,602
    Replays
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Science and God

    Just a thought - If there was some sort of ancient scripts discovered that told of Jesus being gay would Christians hate Jesus or love gays?

  19. #19
    Gunzfactorian Guardian Michelangelo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,480
    Replays
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Science and God

    God created humans with logical thinking so that he can let the people that believe in something that there is no physical evidence of into heaven?
    Seems legit.

    league of legends: 조용한
    tweet.

  20. #20
    Gunzfactorian Commando Vynrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,573
    Replays
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Science and God

    all wrong

    become a vynrosism believer today with our limited time offer*

    *5 small payments of $49.99

    your soul can be saved
    Wake up...

    In response to a complaint we received under the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act, we have removed 1 result(s) from this page. If you wish, you may read the DMCA complaint that caused the removal(s) at ChillingEffects.org.

  21. #21
    Gunzfactorian Guardian Collateral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,761
    Replays
    42
    Uploads
    2

    Default Re: Science and God

    God is not really. How they said you cannot see your brain, you can, using x rays, you cannot smell your brain. It is possible if you remove it, same with touching etc. obviously you cannot hear your brain because it cannot speak. That whole pile of text is a pile of crap.

  22. #22

    Default Re: Science and God

    Quote Originally Posted by vegard View Post
    yep, ignore it because you cant ****ing argue with me, my awesomeness is too much

    theories are accepted until new experiments prove otherwise, and still when disproven they stay useful.
    newtons laws are an example; theyre wrong, but still heavily used in the world of engineering - and many other fields - today. theyre applicable in a certain context, we just got better instruments to show theyre too inaccurate at relativistic speeds.

    and you dont see people going around denying gravity for instance, because its easier to understand and accept. theres no religious bigots who try to deny it; even they can understand that "because i stay on the earth, there must be a force keeping me here" rofl

    the reason you insist on denying the big bang theory and evolution in particular is because youve been conditioned by your biblethumper peers to have a biased view of them. they both have mountains of supporting evidence though, but in science - unlike religion - youre always open to corrections; no matter how right you may think your theory is, it never becomes a fact.

    in science nothing is set in stone. unlike religion, which has had to admit its faults over and over again however (ie. the earth being flat, center of the universe, evolution, etc.)

    if you really think youve got something concrete against evolution or the big bang theory, or proof of the christian god - not faith - then please show us; it ought to be funny.
    Thats nice to know. "in science nothing is set in stone" i agree with this statement. "no matter how right your theory is, it never becomes a fact" i agree with this also. Do i think the big bang theory is wrong? nope. Do i think its right? nope. The bible doesnt even say science is wrong or any of the sort. Which i hoped this topic wouldnt be about science vs God. Thats why i put the name as Science and God, hopefully people would give their opinions on that conversation on whether they liked it or not. as apposed to the Other. and I personally choose NOT to hold those theorys as if it were law since they are not facts, they are interesting to learn about tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by SsYou. View Post
    Just a thought - If there was some sort of ancient scripts discovered that told of Jesus being gay would Christians hate Jesus or love gays?
    Even if there were some ancient scripts discovered (which there are some), it would not be added to the bible. idk why you say christian would hate Jesus or love gays? Your not supposed to harbor hate for anyone. I know a lot of gays and i dont hate any of them. What i do hate is them BEING gay. I wouldnt even call it hate, more like confusion. Why would you love another man's dick in your asshole. It's disgusting. But it doesnt bother me. their choice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Collateral View Post
    God is not really. How they said you cannot see your brain, you can, using x rays, you cannot smell your brain. It is possible if you remove it, same with touching etc. obviously you cannot hear your brain because it cannot speak. That whole pile of text is a pile of crap.
    Your wrong. it's talking about your senses. If you were standing in front of me, i cannot see your brain, i cannot hear nor smell it. etc.
    Last edited by ToasTzz; 01-23-2012 at 07:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinkan View Post
    I beg to differ, "If Twinkan ain't playing PŲlse will be no problem". On the other hand, if what you say is true, then it's nice to hear you weren't scared when you took the PŲlse 20 inch **** of thunder up your widely spread ass.

  23. #23
    Gunzfactorian Postcount Demi-God Casval Zem Daikun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    7,682
    Replays
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Science and God

    Quote Originally Posted by ToasTzz View Post
    Another example of the typical, "I don't see it, so therefore it doesn't exist"
    As opposed to what? "I can't empirically prove that it's there or exists in any knowable or testable form so by default I'll assume it's there"? I bet you still believe Santa climbs down the chimney you probably don't even have to deliver presents under your tree every Christmas. We have a name for people who think they can see ghosts - crazy. Ironically, we also have a place for those people - mental institutions. The only difference between being medically insane and being a religious believer is the degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by ToasTzz View Post
    False sense of grandeur? Jesus was a humble person. Jesus never once said that he was the King or ruler of this world. In fact he isn't. I could go into more detail but ill just give you this to reflect upon.
    I don't understand. You're basing a factual representation of Jesus based on what you read in a book that's biased towards him. I hope you have enough of an education to figure out how relevant what you just said is.



    Quote Originally Posted by ToasTzz View Post
    "Religion has done nothing but set back the human race" obv directed towards Christianity. Let me tell you something, the bible has facts on the universe. It has historical facts, scientific facts and more. When people were dictating that the earth was flat, it was already written in the bible that it was spherical.
    Actually, the Earth was already estimated to be round as early as 6th Century BC. It wasn't until later that it became a well known argument. How does the bible lay claim to something that was already under assumption hundreds of years before it was even written? What other "scientific" facts does the bible hold that wasn't already discovered before it was written?
    Also, on the topic of "Religion has done nothing but set back the human race," you can really apply that to all religions. Dozens of new inventions and scientific discoveries have improved modern day life. Life expectancy is at its highest (correct me if I'm wrong) and people are actually living to see their elder years. However, on the topic of Logic, there a fallacy known as the Fallacy of Traditionalism. Long story short, it's the "It's worked for us so far so why should we change" argument. That is exactly what religion is. Holding on to traditions and ceremonies thousands of years old that, for the most part, haven't changed at all. Why? Because it's been working for us so far, so why change it?

    Quote Originally Posted by ToasTzz View Post
    The only thing setting you back is your own lack of knowledge. A theory is not a fact. You shouldn't always believe what everyone says.
    "Sir, Science canít even explain a thought. It uses electricity and magnetism, but has never seen, much less fully understood either one."
    Science is smart enough to admit that there are things they don't know. So they pursue the truth and make estimates and theories and go on to test them. Religion doesn't admit to not knowing anything. Whatever a religious believer doesn't understand is usually bull****ted by "God has a plan for us" or "it was God's will." Instead of relying on your imaginary friend, that being exactly what God can be compared to since he isn't real in any form in our universe, religious believers take an ignorant role, surrender all free will and coherent thought, and openly embrace the bliss of their ignorance with open arms.


    tl;dr you're ****ing stupid.
    Here's the link for the spherical earth theory: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Round_earth
    Google is hard.

  24. #24
    Gunzfactorian Commando BarbieDoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Bang Bang
    Posts
    2,738
    Replays
    101
    Uploads
    2

    Default Re: Science and God

    I love you Toast.

  25. #25
    Gunzfactorian Guardian Michelangelo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,480
    Replays
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Science and God

    Want money?
    Want tons of it?
    Want tons of money fast?
    Want non-taxable money?
    Be a preacher.

    league of legends: 조용한
    tweet.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •