Thread: How to get rid of cold sweats? opiates

Gunzfactorian Patriot
    Replays
    Uploads

Default How to get rid of cold sweats? opiates

Ummmmmmm I have super duper bad cold sweats and I need something to ease these before I stab someone cause its hell
    Last edited by MRCADILLAC; 06-03-2011 at 05:32 PM.

Default Re: How to get rid of cold sweats? opiates

WHEN TO SEE YOUR DOCTOR

* Your cold sweats happen repeatedly during the night, night after night.

* You suspect that anxiety is causing your cold sweats.

* You also have sickle cell disease or a condition that impairs your immune system.

* If your cold sweats accompany overexposure to sun or heat, treat it as a medical emergency.

What Your Symptom Is Telling You

You're an ice cube with the jitters, a snowman on a vibrating bed. You're wet, you're shivering, you're cold—and you're probably miserable.

More likely, a virus like the flu or mononucleosis has made your body its playground. Other, more serious infections, like tuberculosis and AIDS, can also cause cold sweats.

But maybe you're not under the weather—just under too much stress or feeling very anxious, two other causes of cold sweats.

Besides intense emotions, intense pain—like the pain of a migraine headache—can cause cold sweats. A surge of pain-sparked adrenaline can force open your sweat glands and shut down the blood vessels in your skin, making you sweaty and cold.

Adrenaline isn't the only hormone involved in cold sweats. Estrogen—or the lack of it—also plays a role. If you're a woman nearing menopause, you might sleep through a hot flash and wake up during the aftermath wrapped in clammy sheets. In fact, for some women, nighttime cold sweats are the only sign of hot flashes.

But the hormones aren't done yet—there's also insulin. If you're diabetic—a problem of too little insulin—you can experience cold sweats when your blood sugar drops.

Finally, cold sweats sometimes signal a medical emergency. They might be the sign of a severe heart or circulatory problem, though you'd probably notice chest pain first. (In a few rare cases cold sweats are the first sign of a heart attack.) Cold sweats might also indicate lowered blood pressure because of shock from loss of blood, perhaps from internal bleeding like a ruptured blood vessel.

Symptom Relief

Because cold sweats are almost always linked to another condition, they don't really need separate treatment, doctors say. They will go away when the underlying problem is treated. Here's a brief look at a few ways to deal with those problems.

Get tested. If your doctor thinks that an infection is causing your cold sweats, medical tests will show which microbe is responsible, says Adel Mahmoud, M.D., Ph.D., chairman of medicine at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine in Cleveland. Your doctor will then prescribe an antibiotic to knock out the offending bacteria.

If the verdict is mononucleosis, you'll be advised to take fluids, eat a balanced diet and avoid exhausting exercise, says Oliver Cooper, M.D., professor of family and community medicine at Texas A & M University Health Science Center College of Medicine in College Station. You'll also need to boycott contact sports when you're on the mend (to avoid rupturing your mono-swollen liver or spleen).

Ease your anxiety. If you suspect your cold sweats are caused by anxiety, don't hesitate to ask your doctor for help, says Robert Wesselhoeft III, M.D., director of family medicine at Tufts University School of Medicine in Boston. (For other ways to cope with anxiety, see page 21.)

Relieve a migraine. When over-the-counter remedies like aspirin, acetaminophen or ibuprofen don't ease the pain, your doctor can prescribe medicines to ease migraines and prevent further attacks, says John C. Rogers, M.D., M.P.H., vice chairman of the Department of Family Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston.

Evaluate your estrogen. If you think hot flashes may be causing those clammy sweats, ask your doctor what treatments may be appropriate, says David Losh, M.D., associate professor of family practice at the University of Washington School of Medicine in Seattle. Hormone replacement therapy is one possible option. (For other coping techniques, see Hot Flashes on page 264.)

Gunzfactorian Soldier King Banana's Avatar
    Replays
    Uploads

Only thing that would ease your cold sweats are more opiates =]

Gunzfactorian Patriot
    Replays
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by markprulez View Post
    WHEN TO SEE YOUR DOCTOR

* Your cold sweats happen repeatedly during the night, night after night.

* You suspect that anxiety is causing your cold sweats.

* You also have sickle cell disease or a condition that impairs your immune system.

* If your cold sweats accompany overexposure to sun or heat, treat it as a medical emergency.

What Your Symptom Is Telling You

You're an ice cube with the jitters, a snowman on a vibrating bed. You're wet, you're shivering, you're cold—and you're probably miserable.

More likely, a virus like the flu or mononucleosis has made your body its playground. Other, more serious infections, like tuberculosis and AIDS, can also cause cold sweats.

But maybe you're not under the weather—just under too much stress or feeling very anxious, two other causes of cold sweats.

Besides intense emotions, intense pain—like the pain of a migraine headache—can cause cold sweats. A surge of pain-sparked adrenaline can force open your sweat glands and shut down the blood vessels in your skin, making you sweaty and cold.

Adrenaline isn't the only hormone involved in cold sweats. Estrogen—or the lack of it—also plays a role. If you're a woman nearing menopause, you might sleep through a hot flash and wake up during the aftermath wrapped in clammy sheets. In fact, for some women, nighttime cold sweats are the only sign of hot flashes.

But the hormones aren't done yet—there's also insulin. If you're diabetic—a problem of too little insulin—you can experience cold sweats when your blood sugar drops.

Finally, cold sweats sometimes signal a medical emergency. They might be the sign of a severe heart or circulatory problem, though you'd probably notice chest pain first. (In a few rare cases cold sweats are the first sign of a heart attack.) Cold sweats might also indicate lowered blood pressure because of shock from loss of blood, perhaps from internal bleeding like a ruptured blood vessel.

Symptom Relief

Because cold sweats are almost always linked to another condition, they don't really need separate treatment, doctors say. They will go away when the underlying problem is treated. Here's a brief look at a few ways to deal with those problems.

Get tested. If your doctor thinks that an infection is causing your cold sweats, medical tests will show which microbe is responsible, says Adel Mahmoud, M.D., Ph.D., chairman of medicine at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine in Cleveland. Your doctor will then prescribe an antibiotic to knock out the offending bacteria.

If the verdict is mononucleosis, you'll be advised to take fluids, eat a balanced diet and avoid exhausting exercise, says Oliver Cooper, M.D., professor of family and community medicine at Texas A & M University Health Science Center College of Medicine in College Station. You'll also need to boycott contact sports when you're on the mend (to avoid rupturing your mono-swollen liver or spleen).

Ease your anxiety. If you suspect your cold sweats are caused by anxiety, don't hesitate to ask your doctor for help, says Robert Wesselhoeft III, M.D., director of family medicine at Tufts University School of Medicine in Boston. (For other ways to cope with anxiety, see page 21.)

Relieve a migraine. When over-the-counter remedies like aspirin, acetaminophen or ibuprofen don't ease the pain, your doctor can prescribe medicines to ease migraines and prevent further attacks, says John C. Rogers, M.D., M.P.H., vice chairman of the Department of Family Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston.

Evaluate your estrogen. If you think hot flashes may be causing those clammy sweats, ask your doctor what treatments may be appropriate, says David Losh, M.D., associate professor of family practice at the University of Washington School of Medicine in Seattle. Hormone replacement therapy is one possible option. (For other coping techniques, see Hot Flashes on page 264.)
    I already know where the cold sweats are coming from

---------- Post added 06-03-2011 at 06:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by King Banana View Post
    Only thing that would ease your cold sweats are more opiates =]
    thats what i was afraid of

Gunzfactorian
    Replays
    Uploads

Crack cocaine
    The only difference between me and god is the fact you know i'm real

Real Recognize Real

Banned
    Replays
    Uploads

If you had some Clonodine and Gabapentin + some benzos to take the edge off, wont help much but some better than none.

Also if you can get Pregabalin instead of Gabapentin... that would really help.

If not, try Subutex/Soboxone.... id suggest Subutex, Suboxone has naloxone or w/e its called in it and thats not good.

Whatever you decide, you need a doc to get a script for any of these.

Or like KB said more opiates.

Gunzfactorian Patriot
    Replays
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Sirial View Post
    If you had some Clonodine and Gabapentin + some benzos to take the edge off, wont help much but some better than none.

Also if you can get Pregabalin instead of Gabapentin... that would really help.

If not, try Subutex/Soboxone.... id suggest Subutex, Suboxone has naloxone or w/e its called in it and thats not good.

Whatever you decide, you need a doc to get a script for any of these.

Or like KB said more opiates.
    yeah I don't want to go to the doctors with this cause then my parents would find out and they would whine and cry, I think I'll just tough it out cause it's not like I've been doing hard stuff like heroine and I don't go years with it it's usually I do them sorta hard for a month or so then stop for a while, I just can't stand the cold sweats everything else is bearable

Gunzfactorian Guardian
    Replays
    Uploads

you will turn into a fiend only kind of you drugs you don't want to **** around with are opiates
    Quote Originally Posted by NOTXander View Post
    \~/

Care cup is full, clearly I care.

Replays
    Uploads

masturbating works for me

Gunzfactorian Guardian Mr.Lucifer's Avatar
    Replays
    Uploads

Get some imodium/loperamide. No prescription needed.

Banned
    Replays
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Lucifer View Post
    Get some imodium/loperamide. No prescription needed.
    Immodium has an opiate in it called loperamide. But unlike most opiates, it has very little to no effect on the central Central sleep apnea nervous system (does not cross the blood-brain barrier). Instead it has a strong action on the opioid receptors located along the GI tract. So yes it helps prevent withdrawal related diarrhea well, but it won't have much effect on any overall symptoms of withdrawal.

If you're worried what your parents might say... pretend you are sick, which the presents of cold sweats support the story, and go to the doc.

Gunzfactorian Patriot
    Replays
    Uploads

I told them I got something like the flu or a bug going around, my cold sweats are gone right now and the rest of the stuff i can deal with

thanx!!!!

Replays
    Uploads

Taper yourself off opiates. Lets say you're doing 100 mg a day of roxicodone, do 90 for two doses, then 70 for two, then 40, then 30. At lower doses, you may not feel the opiates, or you may have a slight buzz, but it will curve any opiate withdrawal symptoms away. Opiates are a hell of a drug. You never really lose your addiction, you just forget about it. Given the chance I would probably do up right now.
    Forever agnome.

Gunzfactorian Patriot
    Replays
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by lsdlouis View Post
    Taper yourself off opiates. Lets say you're doing 100 mg a day of roxicodone, do 90 for two doses, then 70 for two, then 40, then 30. At lower doses, you may not feel the opiates, or you may have a slight buzz, but it will curve any opiate withdrawal symptoms away. Opiates are a hell of a drug. You never really lose your addiction, you just forget about it. Given the chance I would probably do up right now.
    yeah thats something that makes me never wish i did opiates, I haven't found a drug thats high even comes close the high i get from opiates and I loved the high so much I don't even know words that could describe how it felt, I want to quit but I want to do them also

Banned
    Replays
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by lsdlouis View Post
    Opiates is something you cannot taper yourself off of.
    Why else do they have detoxes? Because its not possible!

Benzos you can taper but not opiates and other illegal drugs.

Gunzfactorian Guardian Gentleman's Avatar
    Replays
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by TooSiik View Post
    masturbating works for me
    . .