These maps will increase your FPS and aim (since opponents stand out more).
- Previous Untextured maps were released but most were buggy and High Haven was not included.
- Avoid posting screenshots with your character name on it (blur / crop your name out, since these maps are potentially ban-able)
- Please report any bugs you encounter with these files, I will fix them asap
Notice! The untextured map files may not be suitable for the following people:
- Players who are used to having Light Map off (turning it on makes maps darker)
- Players who lag with Light Map on (you have to have this option on for these maps)
Update! As requested:
- Replace these Map files with the ones in the folder ijji\English\Gunz\Maps
- Make sure 'Lightmap' is ON
- For better performance use archetype/sols config with these maps
Releases will be all the maps compressed into an archive. They are the 'milestones'. The decimal points are 'updates' and you will only download the map(s) that have been fixed (also it wont be compressed into an archive)
Release 3.0 (Latest Release)
- All Recent Updates included
- Numerous Light fixes
- Opaque objects fix
- Deleted some effects for performance
Normal Maps Lite
A lot of useless effects removed to improve performance, various vision hindering objects removed (such as the clothes on the clotheline at town) - lighter version of each map. Place these map files in the folder ijji\English\Gunz\Maps.
Untextured Quest Maps
Untextured versions of Quest Maps. Place these files in the folder ijji\English\Gunz\Quest\Maps and replace with existing files.
No Smoke Grenades
Removes the blinding smoke from Smoke Grenades. Place the 'sfx.mrs' in the folder ijji\English\Gunz and replace existing file.
Classic Launcher Update fix
If you use the classic launcher then the Gunz updater will try and 'update' the files, to stop this download this file and place it where the gunzlauncher.exe is. This does not apply to Reactor users.
- Removed Smoke effect in Factory
- Shower_Room light fix
- Fixed Garden & Mansion lighting
- Fixed Garden gates (they were opaque instead of transparent)
- Removed water from every map (better fps and visibility)
- Removed clothesline in Town (for better visibility)
- Removed some fire effects which lowered fps
- High Haven added (untexturised)
- Factory's blinding truck light fix
Remove the Smoke effect in Factory map to increase fps Untexturise Quest maps (and decrypt if needs be)
- Decrypt Update3.mrs for Citadel map (If anyone can help me out it would be great)
- Add new Screenshots of every map
Short Answer: No | Long Answer: To get banned for using these maps someone would have to report you to firstname.lastname@example.org (or whatever the email is) with evidence that you use them. The only evidence people can use is if you screenshotted yourself playing using these maps and forgot to blur your name out of the picture. Then and ONLY then it's possible to get banned. I don't know anyone that's been banned for using these maps, and there is no way of finding out if you use them UNLESS you're dumb enough to post an ss with your name on it. End of.
- Can you get banned for using these maps?
Archetype/Sols config only reduces the texture quality. These maps have had their textures completely stripped off them. Benefits are: Better Aim (since enemies stand out more), Better FPS (a lot of effects have been deleted). You can also use these maps WITH Archetype/Sols config and it will improve the performance further.
- Why use these instead of Archetype/Sols config?