Thread: Speed Tutorial/Discussion:

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Default Re: Speed Tutorial/Discussion:

Well, the best way to get into increase your speed is to change to reload=scrollclic and sword=scrollup, get used to it for all the shoot>reload+sword moves. And keep your old reload key for RS.

I'm not sure how the true stab shot work, what I did wasn't really Dagger FBS, more like Dagger DHS with gundashed Yoyo>dash>stabshot>(dash?).

My last finding was doing a flip when you get recoiled, but doesn't really have practical use. You basically dash to someone blocking, and slash right before you land, then flip while you get recoiled. What will happen is you land before the recoil animation happen allowing to flip before you get locked in the recoil (like flipcancel shown in my previous video). Nothing new but I guess most don't know how it works. Could be usefull in glad if delayed slashes are well timed close to the ground ^^

Replays
    Uploads

Just learn to see the move instead of going for random speed.
    You know kstylin dont ya?
    Everything either ends like this:
    - Slashshot
    - Reloadshot

Is it that hard to memorize which moves happen prio to that?
    Get that down and the illusion you will create will make them think your faster then you could ever be.

*sheesh this is harddddddd*
    (i mean my manlyhood by that)
    Quote Originally Posted by dan3067 View Post
    Just like to check the thread every once in awhile. Kunai is home.

well i play like this ..... :

Q : Sword
    E: Wpn1
    R: wpn 2
    MIddle buttom (mouse) : Flip
    Wasd : dash
    Block : Shift
    Reload : Right mouse buttom

i can use late dash? please help me

Quote Originally Posted by Vermiothalak View Post
    well i play like this ..... :

Q : Sword
    E: Wpn1
    R: wpn 2
    MIddle buttom (mouse) : Flip
    Wasd : dash
    Block : Shift
    Reload : Right mouse buttom

i can use late dash? please help me
    You can, but it will be harder doing it to the left.

Quote Originally Posted by hotaru_ View Post
    You can, but it will be harder doing it to the left.

yea is hard :S , mi mouse its a LEXMA , u use mouse buttoms to play gunz? , nice...., whats ur mouse?

respond please.......

respond please.......
    Sir you can own in GunZ with any mouse with at the very least a scroll wheel, but mine has two side buttons on both ends. I use the one closest to my thumb for reload so I can reloadshot pretty well while aiming. It also freed up my WSAD movement a LOT.

Funny thing is, reload is ALSO configured to my mouse's middle click, so when I scroll down hard to switch to sword, it reloads by default, making RSS something I barely have to think about. Hotaru really knew what he was talking about.

The reason why middleclick is not my ONLY reload action is because it didn't feel right middleclicking while aiming as I reloadshot. The thumb button for reload is more natural and flows into the technique like water.

Wow I'm going to try some of these!
    Click here to find out about
    |
    |
    V

Gunzfactorian Veteran Hero [0_o]'s Avatar
    Replays
    Uploads

ROFL GUNDASH, I DID THAT SINCE DHS WAS DISCOVERD, AND SO DID TRANSVESTOR .

CAPS FTW. BTW ALL YOUR MOVES HAVE BEEN DONE BEFORE, EXCEPT YOUR COMBOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuzei View Post
    I saw you on twice in a week when i play once a week ^^
    LMFAO 1=2 GUYS

http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?...502969655d1e34

respond please.......
    Yeah pretty much what theorangerift said.
    Try using reload=scrollclic sword=scrollup or down.^^
    It will free your left hand, when you're used to it try getting the latedash timing. If you do gundash you need to delay it more, if it does a regular dash it's slightly before.

CAPS FTW. BTW ALL YOUR MOVES HAVE BEEN DONE BEFORE, EXCEPT YOUR COMBOS
    I never claimed to have invented anything or be the only one able to do something.
    I haven't seen other quickblock-Yoyo'DHS' but I'm pretty sure people able to bi-tbf can do it. Need to time well the weapon+jump to shoot at max height, then dash with latedash timing while blocking, and dash again with bi-tbf timing. I used sidebuttons for reload sword to be able to tap mouse like a biTBF.
    I haven't played much lately but I think quickblockGDHS is possible too, if able to time it so you latedash at max height.^^;

hey,
    i got an other question for you..
    whats the FPS for playing?

btw thanx to you i'ved mastered late dash and a lot of skills but i still find it hard to spam Tbf, so i checked in fraps my FPS
    and i saw my fps is between 550-750, is it to high? and which FPS is the best?

Yeah that's a bit too high, try to aim for 300. At 500+ you start to get the sliding effect and getting slowed down. The difference in speed really is noticable. It's a lot harder to tbf at 800fps.
    I can't go lower than 300 so idk if 200 is better. If you take it down to like 60 the game won't react correctly and you'll be slowed down too (not enough frames to have a tbf block fast enough probably).

I don't know what graphic card you use, but basically go into you card menu and set anti-aliasing to max (mine is x8 edge-detect), if you see other settings to boost quality set them to max, like Anisotropic Filtering (x16 here)...
    Basically play with the menu until you manage to drop your fps to 300. Try playing in 32bit even if you have archetype config, it may help.
    If the menu allows underclocking you can underclock the graphic card to the lowest Hz possible.

I have 200-300 usually and I seem to be TBFin' quite well :3 dropping under 200 makes me fail and over 300 makes it harder for me.

about 30-70 fps, it's useful for vengeance only :P
    OkiKuma.

Replays
    Uploads

guys can someone help me i can't put middle mouse click for a button control on gunz can someone tell me why plz

Replays
    Uploads

any one use the logitech g9 mouse ? so yes can u help me out with it dont know how the macro program work
    DirtyDoggie /.lvl70
    Jetlag /lvl.53
    Athella/lvl.27
    clan:Regen

nice moves u got there hotaru, i can do most of them but not RHHS (can't do QBf as well), I think it's with the lead shot tutorial, ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT TUTORIALS here in gunzfactor (:

Replays
    Uploads

finally.......
    , this my rap yo Let haters hate, i ain't gonna debate, but i love you guys, isn't THAT no surprise?

Hey, doing the late dash is easy, but i cant seems to shoot when doing the late dash. Any solution? I use scroll to switch weapons. Could that be the reason? Sorry for the bump. xD

Replays
    Uploads

Please forgive me for digging, but with the release of Aeria GunZ comming up soon, I've felt my addiction to GunZ grow a little bit more. I want to learn more, I look back at the good days of ijji when even though I was getting stomped in cw because I only cared to learn just enough to be a decent player I regret every second of it. I used a stupid config and now with LD being key, I'm stuck to rely on my somewhat fast rss and my 8/10 aim. I'm hoping that buy posting here I can:
    1. Learn more about LD
    2. Learn to become a faster player
    3. Find a new *****ing config..

THis is my config atm:

Dash= wasd
    Gun1= e
    Gun2= f
    Sword= Scroll up :/
    Reload= t :$
    Block= Shift

I don't know what it is, my aim is good, probably because I've been playing pservers once I got to a point of wanting to quit ijji because everyone was too good (Which probably explains my good aim)

Any help would be appreciated

Sorry again for grave digging

I'm not a K-Styler anymore, so I can't help specifically with LD and K-Style speed, but as far as configs go the keys to a good setup are:
    1. Maximizing the use of ALL your fingers for different things.
    2. Reducing the distance between your keys so that your fingers have to move less to reach the different commands.
    3. Comfort.

For the first part, what you want to do is find a config that takes advantage of more than just four fingers on your left hand and two fingers on your right. An example: if you have guns on e and f, and reload on t, then if you want to do an RS you'll need to go "E > left click > T > F > left click" very quickly. That's three commands with your index finger(E, T and F). Now, if for example you set reload to right click instead of T, and guns on Q and E, then the combo would be "Q > left click > right click > E > left click" That combo, instead of using your left index finger three times would use your ring finger, then your index/ring on right hand, then your index, making for an easier combo. I believe the way most K-Stylers take advantage of this concept is by setting reload to middle mouse button and sword to scroll up(or something like that). That way, while they do the commands with their left hand, the LD reload > switch becomes one simple movement(hold down MMB and scroll up quickly).

For the second part it's as simple as moving reload to R instead of T, so that it isn't as far away from your index finger, reducing the human delay(time it takes you to press the key). This is something you could probably figure out for yourself.

And the last part is rather self-explanatory, though I might say that using an uncomfortable setting gets easier and easier the more you do it. Even a drastic change to your setup only takes a week or two at the -very most- to get used to.

Some of the problems that stick out to me with your setup particularly are stuff like the reload button(T). Why T instead of R? And why aren't you using right click, one of the -best- keys to use in the game? Also, if you put all your gun keys on one finger(in this case, your index with E and F) then movement with that finger becomes weaker. You've probably had a little trouble moving to the right in the past, no?

Replays
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Backward View Post
    I'm not a K-Styler anymore, so I can't help specifically with LD and K-Style speed, but as far as configs go the keys to a good setup are:
    1. Maximizing the use of ALL your fingers for different things.
    2. Reducing the distance between your keys so that your fingers have to move less to reach the different commands.
    3. Comfort.

For the first part, what you want to do is find a config that takes advantage of more than just four fingers on your left hand and two fingers on your right. An example: if you have guns on e and f, and reload on t, then if you want to do an RS you'll need to go "E > left click > T > F > left click" very quickly. That's three commands with your index finger(E, T and F). Now, if for example you set reload to right click instead of T, and guns on Q and E, then the combo would be "Q > left click > right click > E > left click" That combo, instead of using your left index finger three times would use your ring finger, then your index/ring on right hand, then your index, making for an easier combo. I believe the way most K-Stylers take advantage of this concept is by setting reload to middle mouse button and sword to scroll up(or something like that). That way, while they do the commands with their left hand, the LD reload > switch becomes one simple movement(hold down MMB and scroll up quickly).

For the second part it's as simple as moving reload to R instead of T, so that it isn't as far away from your index finger, reducing the human delay(time it takes you to press the key). This is something you could probably figure out for yourself.

And the last part is rather self-explanatory, though I might say that using an uncomfortable setting gets easier and easier the more you do it. Even a drastic change to your setup only takes a week or two at the -very most- to get used to.

Some of the problems that stick out to me with your setup particularly are stuff like the reload button(T). Why T instead of R? And why aren't you using right click, one of the -best- keys to use in the game? Also, if you put all your gun keys on one finger(in this case, your index with E and F) then movement with that finger becomes weaker. You've probably had a little trouble moving to the right in the past, no?
    Hey, I really appreciate the help, and to answer your question, I don't find it difficult to move to the right, but i tend to only move to the left because with my current config, I've limited myself to only being able to ss to the right with weapon 1 (dd > slash > e > shoot ), as (dd > slash > f > shoot) would be too hard with my index finger.

Gunzfactorian Soldier scorpiana's Avatar
    Replays
    Uploads

ok im kinda lost on the middle part of the main post..
    I only change letter E to block and number 4 to weapon 2 but still i can perform good moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Airfx View Post
    Scorpiana is the best igunz player ever...

u can give me ur Xhair ?//